In times of uncertainty, it makes sense that we use what we have in a more efficient way. If you have read any of my posts before, especially home organizing and management, you know that I try to be as efficient as possible in what I do and like to use what I have in my meal planning. So today, I’m sharing with you easy & tasty recipes you can make with very little.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through the affiliate link, I will earn a commission (at no extra cost to you). I only share products and services that I personally use, love and feel may benefit you too. See my full disclosure here.
Pea & Egg One-pan stew
I’m guilty of making this far too often! Why? It’s easy, healthy and it’s ready in no time. This is another easy & tasty recipe you can do with very little. This is the first of these easy & tasty recipes you can make with very little
Pea & Egg One-pan Stew
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 Can Shopped Tomatos
- 1/2 Chorizo Sausage
- 1 Kg Green Peas
- 6 Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika (sweet)
- Fry the diced onion with the bay leaves and olive oil in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chorizo and reduce heat to low, leave for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes or plain tomatoes or tomato pure (1/2) cup, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the peas and water until the peas are almost submerged. Add Salt, Pepper, Paprika and Chilly to taste.
- Cover the pan and let it cook in medium/low for 30 minutes. Mix every 10 minutes and check the water.
- After 20 minutes check if the peas are cooked. I like them well cooked so normally leave it for 30 minutes.
- Open one egg at a time in a small bowl and place the egg on top of the peas. Repeat the process for all 6 eggs.
- Add a little salt to each egg and cover the pan. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with a bread roll!
Want to do something a bit special? Fry a slice of bread, white bread works best for this, and serve the stew on top!
Check out more economic recipes here.
Two Spoons Fish Cakes
- 2 Cod loins
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Groud black pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley (big portion)
- 3 Eggs
- 750 g Potatoes
- 3 Garlic cloves (thinly diced)
- Boil the cod loins for 4 minutes in water, with 1 peeled onion, 1 tsp olive oil and black pepper
- Set the cod aside to cool and when cool divide the fish into small pieces
- Boil the potatoes in water with salt and mash them. Set aside to cool
- In a large bowl, mix the mash with the cod, diced garlic, black pepper and the full bunch of parsley
- Mix all together well and lastly add one egg at-a-time mixing well before adding the next. If your eggs are small, you may need to add one more egg. Consistency must be malleable rather than runny
- I make the cakes with two soup spoons but you can do little balls by hand too. Get a spoon full of the mixture, insert the empty spoon halfway in the full spoon and pass the mixture around a few times until you get an oblong cake
- Fry the cakes in vegetable oil or olive oil and allow to cool down before serving
Want to do something a bit special? serve these fish cakes with a bowl of tomato rice. For the rice, fry onion and tomato in low fire for 5 minutes, add a little water, two tbsp and leave another 5 minutes. Add 1 cup of rice and mix, add two cups of water, cover and leave to cook in low heat for 10 minutes, mixing every 5 minutes. Add salt to taste and parsley, if you like. After 10 minutes turn the heat off and leave the rice to rest for 5 minutes.
I hope you get to try these easy & tasty recipes you can make with very little and enjoy them!
Let me know in the comments below, how they worked for you.
Stay healthy & enjoy the simple things.